In this post, we’re going to check out the five best headphones under $200 in 2019. This list was made based on personal opinion after hours of research and they have been listed based on quality, durability, price and more.
You will find options for every type of consumer on this list. Either you’re looking for an entry-level option or the best product money can buy, we’ll have a product for you. If you want more information and updated pricing on the products mentioned be sure to check the links on the name of each product.
This is our pick for the best overall headphone under $200 in 2019. Monoprice is known for making products that help people get as much as possible for at least a fairly reasonable price.
The Monolith M565 headphones have a stylish black matte finish with open back design. These headphones cost about $170.00 and you certainly get a lot for what you spend.
When it comes to headphones that are priced under $200, this is definitely the best option on the market.
So far we haven’t found any other headphones in this price range that can offer more than the Monoprice headphones. This is one option that you should take a close look at.
- Comfort: The large soft faux leather padding on these headphones make them very comfortable to wear even for extended periods of time.
- Attractive design: The subtle yet stylish modern aesthetic of these headphones makes them quite a handsome piece of audio technology.
- Warranty: You’ll get a five-year replacement warranty when you buy these headphones.
- The earpads on these headphones have a tendency to heat up if they are used for a very long time which can cause some discomfort.
- You may notice some sound leakage due to the fact that these headphones don’t seal tightly around the ears.
Features of Monoprice Monolith M565
Open back design: This gives you a fuller and more satisfying listening experience.
Removable ear pads: You can take the ear pads off these headphones whenever you want to clean them or switch them out with another set.
Faux leather: The faux leather padding on these headphones is very soft and adds to the overall comfort.
VERDICT: If you are in the market for the best headphones under $200, the Monolith M565 is pretty much perfect. These headphones offer great sound quality, complete comfort and a stylish look.
This is by far the best choice for anyone who is on a budget but still wants a good set of headphones that are going to last for a while.
This is our pick for the best noise-cancelling headphones under $200. The backbeat PRO 2 wireless headphones have a noise-cancelling design that will let you tune through the rest of the world whenever you want.
It is priced at about $175.00 and this is definitely one of the better options available right now. There are a ton of great features that you will get on these headphones that make them well worth the money.
While they may not be top-of-the-line, they’re still a good choice for those who are on a budget.
The black and tan colour scheme is very stylish and you’ll get a travel bag to put the headphones in when you are on the go.
- Wireless design: The wireless design of these headphones will allow you to listen to music or whatever else within a range of 100 meters or 300 feet of your device.
- Impressive bass: The rich bass sound these headphones produce is impressive giving you truly immersive listening experience.
- Good battery life: These headphones can be used for up to 24 hours on a single charge.
- Calling capabilities: You can use these headphones to make and receive phone calls and they perform surprisingly well.
- Thick padding: The thick ear pads and padded headband make them very comfortable to wear.
- Good looking: The black and tan colour scheme of these headphones make them a stylish choice indeed.
- Some of the cons of this device include the fact that these headphones may be a bit too heavy for some people.
- The noise-cancelling technology isn’t quite on par with higher-end headphones.
Features of Plantronics backbeat Pro 2
ANC: The active noise cancelling switch on these headphones will drastically reduce the amount of ambient noise you hear.
Cabled option: While these headphones are wireless, they do have an input that will allow you to use a cord for 24-hour listening.
High-res sound: These headphones are designed for high-resolution audio playback with minimal static and noise.
For those looking for a solid set of noise-cancelling headphones for less than $200, the Plantronics backbeat Pro 2 is a good choice.
These headphones aren’t quite as good as what you get from Bose and some of the other higher end brands but they are adequate for most people on a budget.
The V-Moda XS has a unique design that makes these headphones more comfortable to wear than many other models on the market. Priced at about $180.00.This is our pick for the most durable headphones under $200. It takes real skill and imagination to create a quality pair of on your headphones.
This is definitely one option that you will want to take a closer look at before deciding to buy any headphone in particular. When you are looking for headphones that will stand the test of time, this is one choice that you most likely will not regret.
- Durability: The steel frame and military-grade durability of these headphones mean that they are really built to last.
- Unique aesthetics: These headphones are designed to contour evenly to the shape of your head so you can still look your best.
- No batteries: You won’t have to worry about constantly changing up batteries for these headphones as they can be recharged over and over.
- Compact: These headphones are small enough to fit in wherever you put them so you’ll be able to travel with them without any issues.
- The cons of this device include the fact that the noise cancellation for these headphones could use a little bit of improving and some people may find the fit of these headphones to be slightly loose.
Some of the features of this headphone include:
Dual-Diaphragm Drivers: These headphones are designed with rings on the inside and outside for delivering intense bass.
Passive noise cancellation: The noise-cancelling design makes these headphones perfect for immersing yourself completely in whatever you are listening to.
Mic cable: The speakeasy mic cable is tuned for voice recognition.
Travel case: The travel case these headphones come in will make sure travelling with them is very convenient.
If you’re looking for a highly durable pair of on-ear headphones for less than $200, the V-Moda XS is a truly excellent option that you won’t regret.
The steel-flex headband and aluminium Shields make this one tough audio device and it’s fairly unique as a whole. You can count on these headphones to serve you well for at least several years.BEST VALUE-Sennheiser HD 598 SR Headphone.
The HD 598 SR has a price tag of about $170.00 and it offers excellent overall value, you’ll find these headphones are built to last with many modern features that are impressive for this price point. This is a great piece of audio technology you shouldn’t overlook.
Sennheiser has a reputation for being one of the most reputable manufacturers of headphones. Many audio fans refuse to buy anything else and it’s because of this company’s dedication to producing high-quality products.
- Seamless connectivity: You can use these headphones at home or on-the-go switching seamlessly between cables.
- Comfortable feel: The lightweight design and thick padding of these headphones are why they’re so comfortable to wear for any length of time.
- Well balanced sound: These headphones produce a well-balanced sound that will enhance your ability to appreciate all types of music, you’ll feel like you’re listening to your favourite artists’ front stage at a live concert.
- The fact that there is quite a bit of sound leakage due to the somewhat flawed design of the ear cups is a big problem for the headphone.
- The bass sound could definitely be bigger.
Some of the features of this device include:
Padded leather headband: It makes these headphones comfortable to wear for hours.
Warranty: These headphones come with a 2-year warranty.
E.A.R technology: The ergonomic acoustic refinement design puts the audio directly into your ears for an in-room listening experience.
If you want comfortable headphones that offer an amazing per dollar value, the Sennheiser HD 598 SR will not disappoint. These headphones have a surprising number of useful features for the price but it’s still important to be realistic with your expectations.
You won’t get the best quality sound. But you should be able to still get your needs met, the Sennheiser name alone virtually guarantees a quality product though this model isn’t their best.Most Comfortable- Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO
For the most comfortable headphones under $200, the DT 990 Pro headphones from Bayer dynamic are certainly the option to consider.
They are not the best budget headphones you can buy but they are crazy comfortable since comfort is one of the key things to look for when buying any types of headphones.
It is important to consider this particular model which is priced at almost $180.00. These headphones have a lightweight utilitarian design that is actually quite attractive.
They almost have a futuristic quality that will certainly appeal to a lot of people while these headphones do rank at the bottom of our list we still think that they’re worth taking at least a quick look at.
- Super comfortable: The comfort of these headphones is really impressive. The pads are made of plush foam and even the headband is thickly padded you can wear them for hours without any noticeable discomfort at all.
- Solid build quality: The build quality of these headphones is also great. The headband is made of sturdy metal so you count on it to last for years.
- Stability: These headphones are also very stable and will stay on most people’s heads firmly without any problem.
- Bass range: The crisp clear sound and excellent bass range make these headphones quite a good deal.
- The cons of the Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO include the fact that there is a significant amount of sound escape from the ear cups as they do not seal quite tight enough.
Some of the features of this device are:
Over-ear design: These headphones have an open over-ear design that is conducive to professional editing, mixing and mastering.
Replaceable parts: One of the really unique things about these headphones is that literally, every part of them is replaceable.
Bag and Adapter: When you order these headphones, you will also get a nylon travel bag as well as a 6.3-millimetre adapter.
While it is true that the DT 990 pro headphones are not the very best you can buy, they’re quite comfortable and offer decent sound quality.
We highly recommend that you consider some of the other options on this list before making a decision. If comfort is your top priority this is a pretty good choice.